Fall Reading

It's that time of year. That time of year when the temperatures drop (unless you're in Arizona -we are nowhere near cool yet), leaves change color, pumpkins get ready to be made into delicious treats (mmmm...pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter....anything pumpkin), and I start slowing down on my reading. It's not intentional. I just do. Reading drops off when I go back to teaching. I just don't have as much time to curl up and enjoy the stories. I can't sit for hours every weekend when I only have two days to get everything done I want done. I'm going to fight it this year. I have two things working for me here: 1. This blog. I started it and plan to keep going with it. Maybe it will even get better as it goes. 2. Katrina over on Callapidder Days is offering a Challenge: Fall Into Reading 09. I've put the link on my side bar.

I'm so doing this! I challenge you to do this.

I'll be making up and posting my list here shortly, but I thought the pile of books already waiting for me would be a good place to start.


This is the stack of books I currently have checked out of the library. Technically, I originally checked them out in August, but thanks to the handy-dandy renewal system I can read them in September for the challenge....especially since I only got to two of them in August....and had to stop both as soon as I realized I'd grabbed books that weren't stand alone and were in the middle of a series. And yes, I realize that is a very long run-on sentence. I abuse ellipsis. Get over it.




These are the two from that stack above that I am most excited for. On the left is Would-Be Witch by Kimberly Frost. I'm excited about this one for a silly reason, which I'm sure I'll mention again. I love the fact that we've had Southern Vampires -i.e. Sookie Stackhouse and now we have Southern Witches. I find this highly entertaining. I can't really explain it. The other, Lords of Desire,is a collection of stories. I grabbed it because one of the author's is someone I've talked to (and I follow) on Twitter - Victoria Dahl. She's entertaining there, so I can only bet / hope that her story will be great.


Plus, I have these four books. Three of which came in the prize pack I won from Charolette. (They also came with a great bag from Harlequin, but I'm a dork and didn't get a picture of it.)

The top three are Young Adult novels. I have a soft spot for YA novels...probably due to my being a high school English teacher. The bottom is a historical romance...which I'm learning to love.

In other words, this should be a busy reading season.

4 comments:

Alexia561 said...

Wow, that's an awful lot of books you're planning to read! Loved My Soul To Take and have Would Be Witch on my wishlist. Will have to check out the Fall Into Reading Challenge, as my TBR stack is getting out of control! *L*

Good luck with the challenge!

Mandyfish said...

*Laugh* I have no idea if I'll get through even half of them, but it's something to try for.

You should join in!

ParaJunkee said...

What a fancy blog you have! That is also a ton of books, good luck with that. I think I was intimidated with just the picture. Glad I found you through Book Blogs. ParaJunkee

Anonymous said...

I just finished My Soul To Take and ADORED it, can't wait for the next book in the series next Spring. Side note: why are all the books I've liked recently part of a series?!?! This is conspiricy against my wallet and patience I think!

PS: Intertwined did not work for me, I'm curious to see what you think!

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes