2010 Reading Challenges

Remember, If you can't be an athelete...be an atheletic supporter.  I was trying to come up with something clever to say about joining in, but that's the only thing that came to mind. It makes me wonder if there is a Grease reading challenge. I'm not going to go look for it though. I've already been making lists and looking at my schedule to try to guestimate which challenges I can join and won't kill myself trying to conquer. No deaths by books....just reading challenges.....because they're fun! This year I'm going to tackle these reading challenges:



The TBR Challenge. We all have that dreaded To Be Read pile that keeps growing and growing. Some of us even have over flowing bookshelves due to this pile. MizB is hosting this challenge that is designed to help clean up your bookshelves and lower the body count on that TBR list.  The challenge is to read 12 books that have been on your TBR list for over 6 months. That's one for each month....but you can do them all at once if you want. Follow one of the links to get the complete rules. I'll be making my list (which will come on a separate post) off of my shelved TBR list. It's only practical. I have an entire bookcase (well at least one...but more like two) that I've not read any of the books from. I must fix that.







I have read a lot of science fiction. At least one whole bookcase is filled with it. However, there are so many things that can be covered by the speculative fiction category, and my husband enjoys it as a genre and has a list all ready for me, plus there are a few new novels that would fit nicely into this category that I can't help but want to participate in this Speculative Fiction Challenge hosted by Book Chick City. How's that for one long, run-on sentence from the English teacher?

For this challenge I'm choosing the Enthusiast level which is 6 books from any of the categories. All the other rules and the category list are all on her site....but the most important is the list. I'll be making mine up as I go, so there will be a separate post to keep them all totaled.




The Royals Fantasy Reading Challenge is hosted by Royal Reviews. Fantasy isn't actually a big stretch for me. Fantasy novels are some of my favorites. However, I've been so caught up in the horror and paranormal romance genres lately that I've been letting some good ones slip past. Plus there are always fantasy series that I haven't discovered yet. I'm thinking this one will be a lot of fun!

I'm going to try the Addicted Level. Twelve books is totally doable, right? All the rules and things are on the site and like the speculative fiction challenge I'll be building my list as I go.





The Gilmore Girls Challenge! That's right. I spent a good portion of my college down-time t.v. watching on this show. Rory and Lorelei just make me happy. So therefore, I could not resist the bookish glee that happened when I stumbled across this challenge hosted by Lisa.

In the show, Rory is a very good student (high school and college), there are books and book referrences galore. A list, of all the books read or mentioned during the show,  has been compiled and the challenge is to read a set number of books from the different categories on the list.  I've chosen the Emily level. Just like the grand matriarch of the Gilmore clan....I'm going to be conservative.  The Emily level means I need to choose 5 books from at least 2 of the categories listed. This one will be tougher.  Like the two above, I'll be building my list as I go.



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mandy, thanks for signing up for my Speculative Fiction challenge, I hope you enjoy! Happy reading! :)

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes