These are the fairies of the old tales...

Title: Wicked Lovely
Author: Melissa Marr
Genre: YA, fantasy
Source: e-reader, free through Kindle (a while ago)


Don't get me wrong, I love fairy tales of all types, but it is nice to read a story where the fae are what I grew up expecting. They might be pretty and shiny, but they are also michevious, self-serving, and dangerous to the humans who catch their attention.


I also enjoyed the relationship between Aislinn and Seth. She's trying so hard to protect herself and him. He loves her.  I have high hopes for them in the following books.

My only complaint is that Aislinn seems to be willing to break "the rules" (which are clearly laid out and that she repeats often) too easily. The consquences are too easily dealt with. It's a bit disconcerting to have this danger played up throughout the novel and then so readily dismissed.

Overall:  I'm glad I snagged a copy of this. I've already added the rest of the series to my reading list.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes