A quick taste of sexy...

Title: Bite
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris, MaryJanice Davidson, Angela Knight, and Vickie Taylor
Genre: Paranormal romance, short story, collection
Source: public library

My husband pointed this one out to me....and I'm glad he did. It was a quick read. All the ladies contributed short stories, all of which appear to be side explanations for their well known characters. For example Charlaine Harris' contribution is a piece titled, "One Word Answer," which is an explanation for Hadley's situation.  Being a sucker for the True Blood vamps, I adored this story. Plus it cleared up a couple details I'd missed in the books.

Not to down play the other stories (I enjoyed them all, but haven't read the rest of the series that they belong to.), but I'm only going to talk about one other...LK Hamilton's.  As the lead story, this was interesting. It was set in the midst of the Anita Blake series.  Anita and Jean-Claude are on the rocks. What makes this one interesting (to me) is the frustratingly evident lack of sex.  The last book in that series I read had Anita being sex crazed with multiple partners and still having to look for more at every opportunity. Reading a story where she walks away (all be it unwillingly)is refreshing.

Overall: Not a must read, but grab this book if you're looking for a quick fix with your favorite vamps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes