Such sweetly confused romantics!

Title: A Lady of Persuasion
Author: Tessa Dare
Genre: Historical Romance
Source: borrowed from the library - wish it were mine!


I know Ms. Dare already has two of the three books in her new collection out, but I'm still working on the first trilogy. My book buying budget has been more than a bit tight.....and combine that with the fact these books have huge wait lists at my library means I'm a bit behind the times. Oh, well! This one was worth waiting for.....and makes me think I should fight harder to not have to wait for her other books.

This novel, as well as the others I'm sure, did something I really enjoyed...it is set in the same time/world as Surrender of a Siren, has many characters in common, but is not a sequel or continuation. Some of the characters who were minor or side characters in Siren are now the main characters in this novel.


Summary from author's website:

Only one thing could convince Sir Tobias Aldridge, an incorrigible rake, to profess undying fidelity to a woman he’s just met. Revenge. What better way to get back at his enemy, than by stealing the scoundrel’s sister? Not that Toby finds it a chore, seducing a beguiling, sultry beauty freshly arrived from the West Indies. When the prize is Isabel Grayson, vengeance is doubly rewarding.
Isabel is determined to marry a wealthy, powerful lord and become a lady of influence, using her rank and fortune to fight social injustice. Sir Toby, with his paltry title and infamous reputation, is unsuitable husband material—but he makes her blood race, her heart pound, and her long-buried passions come to the surface. If she can reform the charming devil, she’ll get exactly what she craves: society’s respect. But it’s a dangerous gamble. For if Toby wins this battle of persuasion, Isabel could lose her heart.

I love it! All the characters I'm comfortable with, but new faces, situations, and loves to learn about.  My only complaint is that the two leads, Toby and Isabel, fall into that frustrating trap of trying to read the other's mind but not actually talking about the problems and feelings. Otherwise, this is a sweet love story of two people who seem genuinly surprised when love strikes them.



Also! If you are a fan of Tessa's books, she is running a contest from her web site where you can enter to win a signed copy of one of her new books. You should go enter. I am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes