Every Demon Has His Day


Title: Every Demon Has His Day
Author: Cara Lockwood
Genre: Paranormal, Chick-lit, (library labeled) Romance

It's cute. It's sweet. It's a definite turn from paranormal romances where all things monster-y (vamps, zombies, ghosts, fairies, etc.) are accepted into the society. It does take on how demons, angels, prophets, and messengers from God might be treated in a world where people aren't looking for real, literal, and true angels or demons, though. I'm not sure the library should have this listed in Romance. Yes, there is a bit of a budding romance between the two main human characters, but it tame (just a step or two beyond Twilight) on the sex meter. It's sweet. Most of the true sex action is covered and dismissed by the demons making jokes about P.D.A.s . Definitely not a bodice ripper, but fun. C.L. gives the characters great, light-hearted personalities. Even the demons, based off the seven deadly sins, are mostly silly (in a good way)....Seriously, one of the main characters is a demon who refuses to do the messy jobs because he might muss his Armani suit. Also, I might be a bit biased towards this book because of my crush on Nathan Fillion. Not that he has anything to do with this novel, that I know of (Do you know something I don't know?), but because the main male character is named Nathan and maybe my brain is playing tricks on me, but the character read exactly how I envision N.F. acting the part if it were a movie.

Go read it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes