The last of the candy - Sookie Stackhouse

What did you do over Christmas? I read. Between my SIL and I both reading (see devouring) the Sookie Stackhouse novels and some pending library due dates, I had to quick get finished with the books that were hanging around the house or risk not getting to read them for several more months.


Title: All Together Dead ~ Southern Vampire Series Book 7
Author: Charlaine Harris
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Mystery
Source: Library

This is the one I accidently skipped. I'm glad I read it though. It filled in the blanks on a couple of spots and gave some nice juicy details about Sookie's relationships with both Eric and Quinn. I'm sad to see that Alcide disappeared so quickly, at least out of the relationship game, but oohh wee! Things sure are getting hot with Eric.....and then you throw Quinn into the mix. Makes a girl wanna purr!


Title: Dead and Gone ~ Southern Vampire Series Book 8 (Most Current)
Soure: Library

This one was great, caught me right up into the action, and now I'm a bit sad and disappointed that I'll have to wait until May 2010 for the next installment.  Eric's up to his "I play with words and don't tell whole truths, but you will still do as I say because I'm all powerful and you love me" tricks.  But things sure are steaming up between him and Sook. Sookie's great-grandfather Niall is playing a major role in her life...and leaves her with a mysterious thought, "The vampire loves you and is a good guy." That's not a direct quote but it's the right thought. All I can add......please please please Ms. Harris and her novel writing muses, please let it be Eric that he's talking about. Yeah, yeah, I know Bill's stable and homey and in his own quiet way he really does love Sookie....but so does Eric. And he's much more desirable to play opposite her in the long run.


Title: A Touch of Dead (Short Stories from within the Sookie Stackhouse universe)
Source: Library

This is a collection of short stories, some have to do with situations alluded to in the novels and some are just side situations. Most have to do with minor characters - giving them an opportunity to take center stage.  It's a quick, easy read, but only a few have the same magical story-telling touch that is part of the novels.  Worth reading for fans, but not the place to start if you haven't read the series yet.


Overall: I can't believe I have to wait until May!  Luckily my secret santa gifted me with the first two...I can read them any time now! Plus, my Sookie Stackhouse reading challenge is now complete! (I'll fix the side bar later...sleep now.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes