Fragile Eternity

Title: Fragile Eternity 
Author: Melissa Marr
Genre: YA, Paranormal, Romance, Fantasy
Source: public library

This review is a long time coming. I read this book over a month ago. I can't even explain why I've been sitting on it and not actually blogging it. Maybe I'm crazy......or more likely busy, tired, and somewhat lazy when it comes to my free time, lately.

For some reason I didn't know that this was book three. When the cover said sequel, I thought they meant literal this-is-the-next-book sequel. I apparently didn't do enough pre-research and just assumed that this was book three and the other books were a separate series. They do have different types of names and covers.  It doesn't really matter though. In this case assuming worked out well. I enjoyed the book and was only the tiniest bit of lost at the beginning.

What I liked:
1. While this is actually book three, I had no problem following the story line. All the characters I enjoyed getting to know in Wicked Lovely were still central to the plot.

2. I'm surprised to find out that this is book three as the plot hasn't moved forward much. I'd expect to be onto a whole different set of problems, issues, scenarios....but realistically the main difference is the addition of a couple new characters.

3. I still love the way the faerie realm is portrayed within these novels. There is all the drama and hierarchy associated with Fae courts, but mixed in is the dramatics of being a human teenager.

What I didn't like:
1. Not knowing that the book I read wasn't actually the next one. Some of this is my fault, but some lays on the publisher / cover artist. Please find a new word. Sequel means next in my mind. Could you at least number the books?

2. There were characters introduced within this story who were very hard to get to know. Upon reflection I'm sure this is due to my reading the novels out of order. However, it was very off-putting while reading.

Overall:  Fragile Eternity, while it may sound like the name of the newest designer perfume, is actually more enjoyable. I wouldn't recommend skipping book two, but seeing as I have, it's not the end of the world if you do. If you've read Wicked Lovely, I would definitely recommend enjoying the rest of the series too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read books they way other people eat, sleep, or watch movies....voraciously, obsessively, and as often as possible. The reviews, random commentary, and snark in this blog are mine alone. Don't take my word...read the book.
 
Copyright 2009 She Reads All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes